Herbal Remedies for Some Common Everyday Ailments
Some of us suffer from common, everyday conditions that can be effectively treated with herbal remedies instead of an expensive trip to the doctor and the resulting prescriptions. Specific herbs can be made for healing ointments, tonics, and tea, not only to relieve irritating symptoms associated with these ailments but also to cure them.
Herbal medicines have innate benefits that can work for a variety of common ailments, from acne to warts. Below are a number of herbal treatments for everyday disorders:
Acne – There are a number of conditions that can perpetuate acne, but the most common causes are hormonal imbalance (such as in adolescence), stress and some medications. Effective herbal remedies include:
- Enchinacea – Reduces inflammation and has healing qualities.
- Witch Hazel – Used as a topical astringent.
- Aloe Gel – Topically applied as an antibacterial (and astringent) agent.
Bladder infections – This type of infection occurs when bacteria enters the urinary tract — generally, in women. Some symptoms include constant or painful urination. Treat bladder infections with the following herbal remedies:
- Barberry – Helps the immune system fight infection.
- Cranberry juice – Inhibits bacterial growth by increasing acid in the urine.
- Dandelion – Detoxifies the bladder
Indigestion – Some types of food causes this digestive problem when the body has difficulty breaking them down. Use of cigarettes, processed foods, and too much coffee or alcohol can also cause rebellious digestive organs. Some herbal remedies for indigestion include:
- Turmeric – Helps relieve stomach irritation.
- Peppermint – Soothes the stomach and relieves symptoms such as bloating.
- Angelica – Relieves cramping and gas.
Warts – Most warts are caused by viruses such as papillomas and are simply a common infection of the skin. Effective herbal remedies include:
- Bloodroot – Can be made into a tincture or paste to remove warts.
- Comfrey – Used as a cream or tonic to treat warts.
- Astragalus – Boosts the immune system.
There are thousands of herbal remedies available to treat a number of common ailments. The research will provide you with the herbal formula you need to treat almost any disorder.