Natural Ways to Ease Menstrual Discomfort
Once a month, a natural process – menstruation occurs in a pre-menopausal woman’s body that usually involves some physical discomfort. The discomfort can be in the form of abdominal pain, headache or sore muscles.
There are products on the market that are designed to alleviate some of the discomfort associated with menstruation, but if you prefer a more natural way to deal with it, there are some proven and natural methods for can work. For example:
- Yoga exercises – The gentle stretching exercises of yoga can help to relax and stretch the aching muscles. Deep breathing and meditation are also beneficial.
- Raspberry leaf tea – This tea works as a diuretic. Drinking before menstruation can help reduce the pain of cramps.
- Diet – Do not eat heavy, starchy foods during menstruation. Eat lots of fruits and vegetables instead.
- Heat – The use of heat (in the form of a heating pad or hot water bottle) will provide relief against cramps.
- Reflexology – A good reflexologist can relieve menstrual cramps and other problems caused by menstrual periods by applying gentle pressure at certain points on your hands and feet.
- Pomegranate – Essence of pomegranate can help to balance the female organs and bring relief from the pain associated with menstruation.
- Ginkgo Biloba – A Ginkgo supplement taken on a regular basis can relieve menstrual discomfort every month.
- Massage – A soft back massage can help relieve low back pain that occurs during menstruation.
- Hydration – Drink plenty of water to remove toxins that build up during your period and to help relieve discomfort from bloating.
Monthly menstruation in a woman’s body is a natural process. It is possible to alleviate the discomfort associated with this process in a natural way rather than taking prescription or freely available medications. Explore the above methods to find out which one works best for you.